Review: Hard Candy Undercover Agent Undereye Brightener & Concealer Duo

Hello my lovely readers! Today I have another review for you and its for a product that I was every eager to try after I saw it in the store because I am a self-professed concealer junkie. I have been cursed with perma-dark circles and I am always on the hunt for another great undereye concealer. I have get to find my absolute holy grail, but here are my thoughts on Hard Candy Undercover Agent Undereye Brightener & Concealer Duo.


The first thing I must comment on is the unusual packaging of this product. The brightener comes housed in a squeeze tube with the nub of concealer sitting on the top of the brightener lid (sorry if that makes no sense, it's hard to explain!). While I give them props for being creative, it can be kind of annoying because when you go to remove or replace the lid of the concealer, you run the risk of scraping a piece of it off with the lid!


Now on to how I feel about the product, or should I say products themselves. I was actually very impressed with how the undereye brightener performed. It did have a brightening effect without having any detectable shimmer or glitter in it and it applied smoothly to my undereye area. I used this both with the concealer included in Undercover Agent and some other concealers and products layered over the brightener very well. It does make your undereye area pretty shiny looking, so I would definitely recommend setting the brightener-concealer combo with a light powder.
Swatches of Undereye Brightener unblended, Undereye Brightener blended, and Concealer
The concealer in Undercover Agent was okay in my opinion, but it certainly wasn't the star of the show. It felt kind of sticky to me and did not do the best job of covering my dark circles. I recommend this concealer for younger skin without any fine lines and for people who only have minor undereye circles to cover up (unlike myself). I used the shade Light, which matched my skintone but did not correct the color of my dark circle very well.

Unfortunately, this product only comes in three shades: Light, Medium, and Tan, so there are definitely people who will not be able to find their perfect shade match. For $6 I recommend buying this product for the undereye brightener alone because it would work on any skin tone and I really liked how it performed!

This along with other Hard Candy products can be found at Wal Mart. I picked up a few other Hard Candy products while I was there so expect reviews of those soon!

Overall, I would recommend this product and would buy it again, but only for the undereye brightener and not for the concealer part. Fortunately, the tube of undereye brightener is a generous size and you only need a tiny bit for both eyes so I foresee this lasting me a long time and it is definitely worth the $6 in my opinion. Also, you may really like this concealer if one of the shades matches you and you have only minor dark circle to cover.

Thank you for stopping by for some Cosmetic Confessions! Have a beautiful day!
xoxo, Caitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment